Hi guys, I wanna share with you some helpful tips that may help you reduce food waste in our lives.
- Ethical farming practices that reduce waste (more reason to support your local farms who are already doing this).
- Lobby for restaurants and grocery stores to redistribute fresh food to those who need it instead of letting food go to waste
- Educate consumers about the impacts of food waste
- Consume less change behaviors around purchasing food
- Get better acquainted with the shelf life of different fresh foods, donate what you don’t eat and compost your food scraps
- Buy groceries from companies like Misfits Market or Imperfect Foods who sell edible produce that just look a little unique. Plus, they’re cheaper than most grocery store prices.
If you want to add more tips, just leave a comment below!!