What are some useful websites for reducing waste tips?

As the name said, do you have any that you recommend for people who want to learn more about reducing their damage to the earth?

Yes, check out this list! 24 Inspiring Zero Waste Blogs That Will Change Your Life

I originally loved reading Trash is for Tossers online and followed them on social media. But I found Litterless recently and love it! It’s great to just be able to type in my area and find what I’m looking for.

1 Like

Awesome <3 Thanks for this its such a great article and has a lot of interesting blog links in it! I love it, it will take me some time to go through all of them but man am I excited about that journey :smiley:

1 Like

EcoMama89,
Welcome to the community! That article has some really great suggestions. I have followed Trash is for Tossers for a while as well. I also love all of the new zero waste reels on Instagram and TikTok! It’s great to teach something new in a matter of seconds.

Not a specific site but don’t forget to look up scientific studies online.

Knowing what is fine and what is not fine when going about our day. Mine is employing soap diluted in water to spray on my plants(mainly citrus trees) as an insecticide. I asked on social media what some people thought about it and I got both positive and negative replies. Since misinformation is rampant on social media, I took to google to find reliable information.

Unless you are in a website that hosts scientific studies, most search results you get are articles. That is fine but going into the sources is great of you want to really understand the the scientific basis. we all know misinformation peddlers always use the phrase “do your own research” which they surprisingly never do.

So back to using soap as insecticide. The following link is not only one study but a compilation of over 250 studies of the most used surfactants(ingredients in soaps and detergents) and it comes to the conclusion that “these surfactants do not pose a risk to the aquatic or sediment environments”. With that, I am fine in using dissolved soap in water as insecticide. But that does not mean we should start dumping our bath/laundry water anywhere.