Zero Waste gift ideas?

One of my goals for this year is to try and be as sustainable as possible with the products I choose to buy. I know it’s a journey and I shouldn’t expect perfection - but I kinda have to admit it’s hard getting your loved ones on board at first when you live with them!

My boyfriend will typically use most of the stuff I bring home for him to try with no complaints but him actually buying zero waste products is a whole different thing :sweat_smile:
What are some ideas for eco swaps I can purchase him for Valentine’s Day? (or any other holidays!)

Razor set? Meal kit delivery? Workout vitamins/equipment? Any ideas? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you!!

1 Like

Homemade soaps are the best I think. I am doing that for family and friends, it takes some time for them to be done but it is so satisfying <3

3 Likes

Yes, soapmaking, razor sets, workout stuff - I love the ideas. I especially like the meal kit delivery idea as a gift! We have tried a few in my house and there is a lot of packaging with some of them. The ones I like, or friends have tried, are Sunbasket, Purple Carrot and Green Chef!

Also…and I did this for my husband a few years back: it’s great to make baskets! When a loved one is getting into a hobby/lifestyle that I maybe introduced them to I sometimes like to make them a “starter kit”. Fill it with your favorite products that you think he will use! Glass water bottle, eco wraps or containers for lunches, snacks, beard/body care, etc. You can even put it all in a backpack.
He will love it and appreciate the support you’re giving him with practical stuff.

1 Like

You gave me a great idea to try and make some amazing workout stuff out of the junk in my old shed…this post and forum bring so much creativity into my life, I love it!!

1 Like

I bet everyone knows about billions of the single-use plastic razor thrown away after shaving, which harms the environment. I have seen this ad online about a company which is trying to make changes in the environment and reduce the plastic waste in the world. They produce bamboo safety razors which can be used for weeks or months depending on how frequently you use them. I have been using them and I can say they are very helpful, safe, and environment-friendly. That might be a nice gift for your boyfriend :slight_smile:
Another good idea is buying the portable House of Marley Bluetooth speakers. They can be used at your home or if you go outside. If your boyfriend enjoys music, these are a great choice. The best part is they use recycled plastic to create the speaker.
These might not be as beautiful as handmade gifts or as fun as making your own zero waste soaps, as mentioned in the other comments, but they are a good substitute and nature-friendly.

2 Likes

I got some ideas for you!
If your boyfriend is into cooking, an organic bamboo cutting board is a great gift. These cutting boards look amazing in the kitchen.

As mentioned before, a good quality safety razor will change the way he shaves. As soon as I stopped using the plastic ones, I didn’t have any negative reactions to the shave. These razors really make a difference.

2 Likes

Wow!
Wonderful ideas everyone. These are some great eco swaps that may encourage your loved one to switch to zero waste living. Here is an excellent article by Zero Waste Nerd: Zero Waste Gift Ideas for Men (50 Ideas!) - Zero Waste Nerd
Also, here is Show Some Love: The Eco-Friendly Way! - Resources - TexasRealFood

1 Like